mardi, octobre 22, 2019

Craig Murray: Assange in Court (22 Oct 2019)

CRAIG MURRAY
Assange in Court
by Craig Murray 
(22 Oct 2019)
I was deeply shaken while witnessing yesterday’s events in Westminster Magistrates Court. Every decision was railroaded through over the scarcely heard arguments and objections of Assange’s legal team, by a magistrate who barely pretended to be listening.

Before I get on to the blatant lack of fair process, the first thing I must note was Julian’s condition. I was badly shocked by just how much weight my friend has lost, by the speed his hair has receded and by the appearance of premature and vastly accelerated ageing. He has a pronounced limp I have never seen before. Since his arrest he has lost over 15 kg in weight.

But his physical appearance was not as shocking as his mental deterioration. When asked to give his name and date of birth, he struggled visibly over several seconds to recall both. I will come to the important content of his statement at the end of proceedings in due course, but his difficulty in making it was very evident; it was a real struggle for him to articulate the words and focus his train of thought.

READ FULL ARTICLE
__________________________
Assange vor Gericht, 22.10.2019
__________________________
Assange au Tribunal (21 Octobre 2019)
__________________________