Leading surgeon says Yes vote will save Scotland’s NHS from Westminster privatisation
Gordon MacIntyre-Kemp (14/08/2014)
Dr Philippa Whitford, one of Scotland most respected surgeons, delivered an insightful and hard hitting guest speech at the 2014 Vision for Scotland conference.
Her key messages are:
- That Scotland’s NHS needs independence to protect it from Westminster cuts and privatisation.
- The end destination of England’s privatisation journey is an American style private insurance funded health sector.
- The Scottish NHS has been saved by devolution but our budget is set by Westminster, and as they cut spending in England, Scotland gets less money to maintain the standards we in Scotland vote for.
- Ill health follows deprivation and we are living with the food bank generation. We need to forge our own path and live with our own values.
- This is a must watch for anyone who cares about Scotland’s NHS and wants to know how independence will impact positively on our health care and well-being as a nation.
If you are watching via an iPhone or iPad then you can click this link